We spent the afternoon with Rabih Shouman, corporate chef of Beit Wared, Jeddah, to listen to about his culinary creep and which substances he is experimenting with.
How did all of it initiate?
After I became a child, I outmoded to revel in helping my mother within the kitchen. She seen my hobby in cooking and my sense of taste, as she outmoded to ask for my belief when making ready meals. Since then, I in actuality had been desirous relating to the culinary arts, and I obtained my first job within the kitchen when I became appropriate 14 years historical.
I therefore rose thru the ranks and labored at loads of restaurants and 5-star inns. I additionally had the replacement to cook on tv and regarded in reveals on varied channels, including Orbit TV, and published articles in neatly-identified magazines, equivalent to Rotana magazine.
When did you know that you just desired to alter into a chef?
I realized that cooking is an art and a technique to transmit custom. It became one thing that resonated with me. Soon after I started my creep within the culinary discipline, I realized that there may maybe be no such thing as a limit to how ingenious which you may maybe perchance also be as a chef.
What has been your ideal supply of inspiration?
My mother has been my ideal supply of inspiration. She has nurtured my love for cooking because she prepares meals with such ardour. I be aware when my mom even allowed me to score umm Ali and amend the recipe by including knotty figs as an replacement of sugar.
If you had to make your mind up the proudest moment to your profession, which one would it be?
Cooking for celebrities has been an infinite spotlight. I’ve had the pleasure of making ready meals for artists love Nancy Ajram and Elissa.
What are your plans and ambitions for 2023?
My purpose is to lift more pleasure to my guests by serving modern dishes.
What substances are you using within the mean time?
The substances that I am currently using to simplify my work consist of MAGGI® cubes with varied flavors, equivalent to rooster and greens, which beef up the taste of larger than 300 kinds of dishes. As a substitute of using unusual tomatoes, I teach BUITONI® Tomato Coulis. Additionally, I teach NESTLE® products in my Arabic and worldwide truffles.
What are the original food trends you’ve seen?
The vogue is more healthy food that’s low in calories. Vegetable-neatly to do dishes and salads are more popular than ever.
What advice would you give suppliers attempting to present among the finest to the market?
They have to focal level on affirming top quality and snoop on supply times and the trustworthy storage plan.
Basbousa (semolina cake)
- 400g semolina
- 200g NESTLE® condensed milk
- 125g NESTLE® cream
- 40g clarified butter (ghee)
- 2ml rose water
- 2ml orange blossom water
- 20g cotton sweet
- 10g pistachios for adornment
- 2g instant yeast
- 1g baking soda
- Set up the semolina within the food processor. Add the yeast and baking soda. Activate the food processor, and as it is running, add a cup of warm water and the ghee. Add the NESTLE® Condensed Milk and the NESTLE® Cream, as neatly as the rose water and orange blossom water. Preserve stirring till the mix is ready.
- Station the mix in a tray that has been greased with slightly of vegetable oil. Set up in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 35 minutes.
- Eradicate the cake from the oven and dwelling apart to chill.
- As soon as the dessert has cooled, add slightly of Nestlé condensed milk (non-fundamental) and gash into slices.
- Sort off the dessert with cotton sweet decoration and a few pistachios.